The Snow-Camp Youth Forum (SCYF) provides young people attending Snow-Camp programmes with an opportunity to get involved further in our work and is youth led. We are passionate about giving young people a voice and committed to empowering young people to become creators and not just consumers of our services. The youth forum is at the heart of this commitment.
There are opportunities to represent Snow-Camp at annual industry shows and festivals and develop fundraising and small business ideas to support snowsport activities. The SCYF develops and maintains links between Snow-Camp’s board of trustees, staff, volunteers and young service users, and is run entirely by its youth members, with staff and volunteers attending for support. With two members of the Youth Forum sit on Snow-Camp’s board of trustees.
Snow-Camp are proud to recognise the achievements of our Youth Forum members each year. Especially those young people who have gone above and beyond for the charity. Congratulations to the following young people for the 2014-15 programme year:
Snow-Camp Volunteer of the Year 2014-15 was awarded to Danielle Mitchell, who volunteered a staggering 105 hours of her time helping to run the youth forum, supporting our youth programmes at Hemel Snow Centre and inspiring young people.
Snow-Camp Young Person of the Year 2014-15 was awarded to Stacey Pender, who was voted to win this this award by her peers. For her hard work and dedication supporting young people through the charity.
They are both fantastic role models, to both the new young people starting out with the charity and also to other youth forum members!
• An opportunity to develop and practice new skills in leadership, team building and communication
• A safe environment in which to meet other young people from across London, share ideas and opinions and discuss issues that matter
• An opportunity to apply for positions such as Chair, Secretary, Youth Trustee etc
• Vocational work experience opportunities within the snowsports industry
• Opportunities to be a positive role model by instructing skiing and snowboarding to new young people starting out on our programmes
• An environment to develop new ideas such an the annual Youth Forum Snowsports Trip which was established by the SCYF in 2013
• The opportunity to get involved in national citizenship and social action events such as We Day
• Website space to demonstrate to people what you have been involved in. Please check out the link above ‘What have the Youth Forum been up to?’
• Travel expenses
• Support and training
• Accreditation through vInpsired volunteering programme
• A Reference
• Attend and participate in scheduled meetings
• Respect and listen to other young people’s views and opinions
• Represent Snow-Camp at local, regional and national level
Member applications are invited from young people who are already currently involved with Snow-Camp across London between the ages of 16-25 who share our passion for improving the lives of young people through snowsports.
If you are interested in joining our youth forum please contact Lara Kinnear, Programme Director, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the Snow-Camp office on 01273 241383.
Got something on your mind and need some advice? Or just looking for some info online? This section’s for you. Just click the link HERE to find out about a whole range of topics.
Snow-Camp is committed to developing equal opportunities in all areas of the charity’s work including for the young people the charity serves. We aim to ensure that no person or group of people should suffer discrimination, lack of opportunity or receive favorable treatment based on age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation and geographical location. Snow-Camp is committed to upholding the values of equal opportunities for all, treating everyone in an equal and fair manner.