Are you a young person who needs help? Text BREATHE to 85258 for free and confidential support.
We are proud of our young people and how hard they have worked on our programmes over the last few months. They have started to work towards new qualifications and learnt new techniques on the slopes, while continuing to develop their life-skills. Some have been enjoying work placements and many were looking forward to their first trip to the mountains as part of their instructor training.
Despite this necessary pause in our direct programme delivery, all of our young people, youth projects and partners have been informed that we are still 100% committed to running the remainder of the programme as soon as it is viable to do so.
All our apprentices are currently working from home and supporting our Programme Managers while working on their NVQ/SQL qualification. And in the meantime, we are making sure we can continue to provide our young people with the support they need over the coming weeks, using a variety of options:
• Our Programme Managers are organising weekly group video calls so that our young people can still feel connected to each other and to Snow-Camp.
• Qualification coursework is being made available online for the young people to work on at home, with support from Programme Managers as needed.
• Programme Managers are exploring other innovative ways to deliver parts of the programmes remotely, including webinars, making instructional short films and using other online learning techniques.
• We are directing young people to our new Support for Young People online hub, which is being regularly updated with new resources and advice.
• Our mental health counsellor, Kevin Hempstead, is offering online 1-1 counselling sessions to any young person that needs them.
During these difficult times it’s important that we all pull together, work together and do all we can for those who are most vulnerable. Stay safe, be kind and thank you for your ongoing support to our work.
Team Snow-Camp x